Sunday 31 January 2016

Bourg St Maurice - Tina's arriving tonight!

Thurs 28th

Earlyish start, left site after 9am and enjoyed the drive back down the Maurienne Valley in the sunshine. I arrived in Bourg about 1pm and did some food shopping after filling the van with cheap diesel at Super U.

I got a text from Andy to say that our new skis we had ordered through him had arrived - yippee. I collected them from the auberge and continued up to Tignes Le Brev for another free night's parking.

Friday 29th

Busy day ahead! After a nice breakfast watching the pistes & lifts come alive I headed back down the road to Bourg to have the bindings fitted to our new skis. Once they were checked in it was round the corner to Intermarche and the laundry machines. These are outside, so once parked up and the machine loaded it was time to brush and hoover the van carpets. Did I mention Tina was arriving tonight? Better make sure that van was clean!

laundry finished, back to Intersport to collect our skis. Very friendly and efficient service. Next across the road to Le Versoyen campsite where we were staying for the next 3 nights. Reception was closed so I selected a pitch and got the van level. Clothes dryer out, pants on the wiper blades as you do..........


It was very warm, tee shirt weather in January? Once reception was open I went and told them my pitch number - I was told that it was already block booked - I asked when they were arriving? The answer was " it is kept clear incase we have a booking on the internet".  My response was - "ok which website can I reserve it on please?" This really confused them and very quickly I was told it was ok to stay there. No harm in asking was there?


taking the dog for a walk?


After a light dinner I walked round to the station to meet Tina off the 9.00pm train. It arrived 5 mins early. Great to see her and catch up on the news from back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment