Monday 25 January 2016

Ski trip Jan 16 - The Jura Mountains

Welcome back blog!

I am 'flying solo" in the van until Tina joins me on the 29th - she is still working but not for much longer...........

Jan 17th

After a one hour delay on the tunnel I headed for Joinville and an aire by the canal. Bit parky overnight ( -10 C ) but the van was snug. Next morning the canal was almost frozen over.



Jan 18th & 19th

Next was the drive to Les Rousses in the Jura mountains a place we have visited in the summer. The snow increased as I approached the Jura but the roads were clear. Arriving at the parking by the chairlift I saw it was completely covered - no probs as the tyres had lots of grip. I parked up alongside  2 other vans and got settled in for the night.


Notin van with frozen diesel being taken away



lots of snow!


quite snowy 

The skiing was good but I didn't buy a pass that allowed me to ski over into Switzerland as the visibility up high was poor. I had a 4am alarm call as the snow plough whizzed around clearing the car park. It cleared all around the van to a distance of about 150mm away! Precision driving.

Jan 20th

Packed up and drove over into Switzerland and onto Bourg St Maurice. It was snowing when i left but the roads were clear so no problems.


clear roads






No comments:

Post a Comment